Here you will find an overview of our departments and their areas of activity.
The department, Corporate Communication, is responsible for the external communication of the company, as well as special projects in the area of Public Value, Public Affairs or Socials. The department's tasks include
- Classic media relations (creating and sending out press releases, organizing interviews for Gewista's management board, making statements to camera teams
- Responsible for the media budget and media plans,
- Contact person for media cooperation with other media companies,
- Responsible for various feedback from the public or corporate bodies (praise, complaints or similar)
Process Analysis & IT:
The Process Analysis & IT department is responsible for the IT-supported strategic further development of the business processes and IT landscape or the operation of the Gewista IT infrastructure in close cooperation with the management and the specialist departments. This includes a wide range of tasks for Gewista and its subsidiaries:
- Planning and management (e.g. optimization of business processes, monitoring of IT-technical market development)
- Implementation and projects (including implementation of IT security applications and processes, development of software - internally and with external partners)
- Ongoing operation and support (including ensuring the ongoing operation of the IT infrastructure at all locations, handling faults internally and with service providers such as providers, software and hardware suppliers or manufacturers)
The Human Resources department sees itself as a business partner and in this function fulfills a wide range of tasks for Gewista and its subsidiaries. What services does Human Resources provide?
- Payroll accounting including selected administrative and labor law activities (drafting service contracts, service references and labor law consulting).
- Under the term "People Management" we are responsible for the entire training, management development and strategic and operational support of all departments of Gewista and selected subsidiaries. This includes personnel search and selection, conducting employee development interviews, searching for and selecting apprentices, etc.
- Employer branding and interface with CSR activities: professional onboarding and offboarding (entry and exit); implementation of projects together with the unit responsible for Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Maintaining the physical and mental health of all employees through comprehensive occupational medicine and occupational psychology services, including emergency psychology.
Accounting includes the following areas of activity:
- Complete handling of the accounting, from the invoice to the final balance sheet report
- Monthly and annual balance sheet of Gewista, as well as its subsidiaries,
- Deadline coordination to meet all accounting and tax deadlines,
- fixed assets accounting,
- dunning of customers,
- customer and supplier accounting and much more.
Reporting & Controlling:
The Controlling & Reporting department deals with classic controlling tasks with a focus on financial and investment controlling as well as operating cost analyses.
Our second pillar, Reporting, comprises sales reporting, technical reporting and CSR agendas including CSR reporting.
The team consists of controllers, database analysts and specialists. We work in an international environment with English as the predominant working language.
Marketing & Design:
The marketing department is responsible for Gewista's digital and analog content, which can be seen on the street and on customers' desks in the offices. Tasks include:
- Image marketing such as brochures, price lists and the design and placement of in-house campaigns
- Implementation of graphic requirements for internal and external projects
- Photo and video management
- Merchandising & Branding
- Event management
- Digital marketing (analytics, website maintenance and targeted use of social media)
Sales Operations is divided into three areas: "Media Administration," "Transport Unit," and "City Advertising Unit," where orders are scheduled, but where active customer acquisition and support also take place. The aim of this department is to provide optimum support for long-term customer loyalty.
- Media Administration ensures the best possible placement of incoming orders.
- The Transport unit focuses on the sale and handling of advertising campaigns on public transport (streetcars, buses, etc.).
- The City Advertising unit looks after the SME sector (small and medium-sized enterprises)
Key Account Management:
The Key Account Management team is directly responsible for supporting our advertising customers and acquiring new customers and campaign bookings. The department is divided into three areas: "Media Coordination", "Innovate" and "Key Account". The tasks are therefore varied:
- Media Coordination is responsible for the independent and autonomous support of a defined customer portfolio (consulting, planning, quotation, order processing up to invoicing and follow-up) as well as the implementation of advertising campaigns.
- The Innovate department stands for new possibilities on and in the advertising media of Gewista as well as the parent company JCDecaux. It supports and advises creative, media and promotion agencies as well as customers in questions of innovation in order to be able to offer a wide range of solutions.
- Key Account acquires and supports our major customers. Maintaining customer and agency relationships is a top priority.
Digital & Programmatic Advertising:
Digital & Programmatic Advertising is responsible for the digital medium, the Digital City Lights. The unit can be divided into three major areas of work that are closely interlinked:
- Campaign and content management for standard campaigns booked on digital city lights
- Implementation of dynamic content in the digital out-of-home area. Here, the digital city lights become part of their environment. Content can be played out according to the time of day or weather conditions. Passers-by and users can become part of the digital evaluation in real time, for example by linking the Digital City Lights to social media and displaying photos with predefined hashtags.
- Further development of the digital medium with regard to new sales strategies. This also includes the strategy of programmatic sales or individualized playout according to customer wishes.
Operations & Logistics:
Logistics is divided into five areas:
- Billboard > Indoor and outdoor service
- City Light > Indoor and outdoor service
- Rolling Board > Indoor and outdoor service
- Culture > Indoor and outdoor service
- Quality control and photo documentation
The following tasks are part of logistics:
- Acceptance and preparation of all posters (Billboard, City Light, Culture and Rolling Board)
- Packaging of the posters in several steps in the respective departments, dispatch to the federal states and preparation for the subcontractors and own employees
- Posting of the City Light and Rolling Board posters, affixing of the posters (knowledge of painting or wallpapering is an advantage) on the advertising boards and culture areas on the specified dates
- Service, repair and cleaning work on the rolling boards (electronic/mechanical training and manual skills are required)
- Cleaning of all advertising media incl. green cuttings
- Quality control and photo documentation
- Accounting of all work by subcontractors, materials and spare parts
Technical Management is responsible for the following technical tasks:
- Provision of technical documentation (statics, drawings, ...)
- Organization of the construction process (for example, erection, dismantling, repair, services, construction condition control, etc.)
- Technical acceptance
This department offers some interesting positions:
- Supervisor Digital: Ongoing supervision incl. troubleshooting and supervision of digital city lights
- Technical Control: Survey of the construction condition of advertising media; documentation of the condition and recording in the database
- Supervisor Special Installation: Organization and execution of special installations on our advertising media
- Technical Project Manager: technical handling of analog & digital projects incl. planning and construction tasks
- Group Head Assembly: Handling of all technical measures in connection with our advertising media ( assembly, deconstruction, refurbishment, ...)
Site Management is responsible for central site administration and development. Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Site development (management, evaluation, new acquisition)
- Planning (construction plans, statics, photomontages, procedures, product development)
- Authorities (support and negotiations)
- Suppliers (tenders, invoicing and construction supervision)
- If you have any questions about sites, rental agreements or the profitability of advertising media, the Site Management department is the right contact.
Purchasing & Facility Management:
The Purchasing & Facility Management team takes care of all matters related to property management, such as property administration, repairs, remodeling and relocation, catering arrangements for meetings, errands for office supplies, courier services, and building cleaning.
Central interfaces in the company are the telephone switchboard and the reception.
Furthermore, the entire Gewista fleet, from small vehicles to trucks, is managed.
The entire telephone system - from landlines to cell phones to smartphones - is controlled for the rapid exchange of voice information between all employees.
Purchasing takes care of the implementation of all purchasing guidelines of the JCDecaux Group.